Privacy and cookies policy
The Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government follows the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, the Personal Data Protection Act, other legislation regulating data protection, and the instructions of the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate when processing personal data.
To get acquainted with the data or materials, please submit a request for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing of personal data is any operation performed with the personal data of the user of the Website – collection, processing, storage, correction, or deletion of data.
Users are all persons who visit the Website, use services, or provide information to the Tourism and Marketing Division of the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- user name and email address – when the user makes a request for information;
- Website traffic statistics – using Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Tourism and Marketing Service of the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government uses personal data:
- to provide a service to a user, such as concluding and performing a contract, communicating with the user, forwarding invoices;
- website traffic statistics are used to improve the user experience of the Website and to market it more effectively;
- to improve customer service. The information provided by the user helps to respond to customer requests and better support the needs of the visitor;
- to personalise the user experience. Aggregated data is used to gain a better understanding of how users of the Website use the services and resources provided on the Website as a group;
- to improve the website. User feedback is used to improve the products and services offered on the Website;
- to conduct advertisements, contests, and surveys, as well as to use other functions of the Website;
- to send the user information on topics that may be of interest to them;
- to send periodic emails. The email address of the user is used to send information and updates related to their subscription. The email address is also used to answer user questions and/or other inquiries;
- to send newsletters. The list of newsletter recipients is regularly organised and kept up to date to ensure high quality newsletter content for the user. If the user unsubscribes from the newsletter, their contact is automatically deleted from the list.
- If the processing of personal data is necessary for the organisation of a campaign, this data will be collected and used only for the purpose of carrying out the campaign and in accordance with the terms of the campaign, such as contacting the winner and drawing prizes and delivering prizes.
RETENTION AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Tourism and Marketing Service of the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government retains personal data for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose or pursuant to law. For example, an email address on the mailing list is retained until the user wants to remove it.
The Tourism and Marketing Service of the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government implements organisational, physical, and information technology security measures for the protection of personal data. Only authorised persons have access to the processing of personal data. When a data processor is involved, at least the same security measures are required from them.
The user has the right at any time to:
- request access to their personal data;
- request the rectification, completion, or erasure of personal data, unless the data are processed on another legal basis;
- require restrictions on the processing of personal data;
- require the transfer of personal data;
- withdraw their consent at any time, including unsubscribing from the newsletter. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing under consent prior to the withdrawal;
- apply to the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate or a court to protect their rights.
In order to exercise their rights, the user must send a corresponding request to the email address email@example.com.
There are two types of cookies:
- permanent cookies that remain permanently in the cookie file on the computer of the user. They can be used, for example, to identify the user as a repeat visitor to the Website and to adapt the content of the Website to the needs of the user or to collect statistics;
- session cookies that are temporary and disappear when the user leaves the Website or closes their browser. Session cookies may be used to enable certain functions of the Website, such as requesting a service or product, etc.
Cookies are used to collect information about how the Website is used to make it more personal and user-friendly. In addition, cookies help to collect user statistics, which allow measuring and improving the performance of the Website and provide basic data in order to carry out effective marketing activities.
To collect usage statistics, the Tourism and Marketing Service of the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Government uses the Google Analytics service, which collects data on visited subpages, visit time, number of visits, devices used, entry channels, and other statistics.